Sunday, August 1, 2010

Day 48: Balancing Act

I’m on my third re-write of this post because I keep busting myself on all my lame excuses. The gist of this issue is that I need to exercise. Strike that. I need to make exercise a priority. After 6 months of changing my eating habits to lose weight, I’m now the size I want to be. I’m just not the shape I want to be. Make sense? Okay, okay. Some parts just shouldn’t jiggle. There. I said it.

My mom has a saying: “Whenever I feel like exercising, I lay down until the urge passes.” I guess you could say I’ve been laying down a lot.

OK, so, no more excuses. No “I have to fold laundry,” or “the dog just puked,” or “I have to go harvest the overgrown basil.” The old standbys are out the window. Somehow, by hook or by crook, I will get 20 minutes of exercise in. Every day. The best way I can see to fit it in is to get up 20 minutes earlier. Waking up is hard enough; but waking up to exercise?!! Sheesh!!

I will need a lot of support on this one, folks, lest my yin overtakes my yang, and I lay there until the urge passes.

1 comment:

  1. I find it helps to kind of turn exercise into a task to complete or a game. For instance, I love that Nike + that goes in my shoe and talks to my phone. You can set time/calorie/distance goals!

    ReplyDelete