Monday, August 2, 2010

Day 49: Too Hot and Too Tired to Change Anything Today

Well, I got up earlier, but not to exercise. With only six hours of sleep last night, I'm finding it hard not to crash on my keyboard. At bedtime yesterday I went upstairs and cleaned my brush. Hunched over the bathroom sink until my back hurt, I scrubbed the brush under the hottest water I could stand. And ya know what? My brush is now B-E-A-Utiful!!! Amazing. Mom will be proud.

Next on the agenda is time management. With all these things that I want to change, it’s getting just a little daunting to keep it all in line and on time. Last night as I was kicking myself for not making it to the grocery store (again) and for still needing to wash two loads of clothes, and for the kitchen being a bit of a mess, I had to remember all that stood in my way throughout the day. Air conditioner problems top the list – when the outside is 102 degrees, and the inside hits 80, we’ve got problems! Then there was the moment of sheer joy when I drained the sink water where my basil had been washing, and suddenly found myself in a basil foot bath. The drain pipe had popped loose, so while I struggled to plug the drain to keep the other half of the water from flooding the floor, Dom wiggled under the sink and banged the pipe back into place. Add that project to the ToDo list. Then there’s Victoria, who spent the entire evening in a fit of tears because – well, who really knows why? It was just a rough ol’ day.

All in all, I had an incredibly busy and moderately productive day yesterday. But today I am tired. Tomorrow (YAY! Day 50!) I’ll recap the successes and failures of this project so far. Today, I’m just going to try to keep smiling, and hope I don’t fall asleep in the middle of any conversations.

No comments:

Post a Comment