Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Day 15: Channeling Frenchy

Remember Grease? Remember when Frenchy got kicked out of beauty school because she dyed her own hair pink? And then in Grease 2, she went back to high school “to get my chemistry so I can mix my own cosmetics,” and then filled the chemistry lab with smoke?

I’m starting to see similarities between us.

I tried the sunless tanner recipe last night. Never fear, it did not leave me splotchy brown. It didn’t leave me anything. Except frustrated.

This is the second “green” recipe I have tried with none of the desired results. This weekend I made my own bathtub cleaner which did not clean the tub. It cleaned the sink, and made an entertaining fizzing sound, but it did not clean the tub.

I have to be able to clean the tub. I mean, really.

Back to the sunless tanner. Aside from the awesome learning experience this has been (I’m learning that I am commercially dependent) there have been few benefits. The recipe did leave my skin exceptionally soft, a result of the lanolin and sesame oil. It was quite sticky at first, and so liquid that I had to put it in a spray bottle, but after application it dried and left a very soft feel to my skin. I was thinking that if it actually colored my skin at all, I would need to add some essential oil to it for a nice fragrance. But now that point is moot. I woke up whiter than when I went to bed. And I’m growing whiter with each exfoliation.

By the way, for experiment #3, I also tried to color my hair with coffee last night. I don’t think it took.

It’s too early to give up. I must get back to my research and gear up for the next green experiment. Frenchy, we got some work to do.

1 comment:

  1. Oh girl, you're brave. I hope you tried that stuff on a hidden part of your body. I would be terrified that I would turn out all green and glowy.

    Kudos to your efforts and best of luck!

    ReplyDelete