Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Day 2: Breakfast

Breakfast is not my best meal. I don’t know why, but I can’t seem to get in the mood to eat anything that early in the morning. It’s like the thought of food before I’ve been awake for two hours makes me cringe. But, breakfast is said to be the most important meal of the day, so starting today I will make the effort to give my body what it needs.

The problems I run into when I try to implement breakfast are 1) time – there is never enough of it in the mornings; 2) menu – what constitutes a healthy breakfast, i.e. do I HAVE to eat freaking oatmeal every day? and 3) metabolism boost - I am super hungry by 9 am when I eat breakfast at 7, so I have to pack extra munchies to take to work.

You know, now that I look at those three reasons to not eat breakfast, I realize I don’t have much to stand on. I’ve already solved the time problem by not snoozing. (Second day in a row, thank you very much. Dom and the dogs are wondering if I’m ill.) I’m doing a ton of research into healthy food options, so #2 just got squashed. And #3 is really just me whining because I never wanted to change what needed to be changed. Not like I couldn’t use the metabolism boost. I mean, really!!

In the spirit of change for the better, I am sitting here now with a whole wheat bagel and a ramekin of Greek yogurt. And it’s not half bad. I’m surviving. Maybe the trick is to eat before that first cup of coffee. Maybe this will make me want less coffee. Hmmmmmmm…

No comments:

Post a Comment