Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Day 16: Finding a Happy Medium

Today I am back to wearing chemistry class on my face. For two days I have fought watery eyes and under-eye sensitivity. There are a number of things that could be causing this: new eyeliner, new mascara, new tinted moisturizer OR the new eye makeup remover pads. Whatever the culprit, I have to apprehend it. Fast. Today I start the experiment of finding out what is making my eyes water. So I went back to all my previous cosmetics, with the intention being to return my face to a state of “normalcy.” I’ll introduce the newer cosmetics one at a time until I have determined what’s causing the watering and irritation.

Since I feel like I’ve taken a step backward, I have to find something positive to enact today. My Type A personality needs something I can control, focus on, and feel better about. We (Dom and I) have been better about going through the daily mail than we ever were before, but mostly because Dom has made a concentrated effort to rid the kitchen counter of the mail pile and immediately shred what we don’t intend to keep. I, on the other hand, have not been so committed. I believe the kitchen counter is presently cluttered with items that belong to me. Some are the kids’ things, but mostly, well…

I know it sounds like a simple undertaking, and some of my changes will be no-brainers. Just because I should have been doing something a certain way, doesn’t mean I have

Starting today I will make an effort to keep the kitchen counter free of my personal clutter. And I will join Dom in handling the mail as it comes in, rather than letting it pile up. He will be so pleased.

No comments:

Post a Comment