Friday, July 16, 2010

Day 32: Start to Finish

You know that book If You Give a Mouse a Cookie? There is a poem called If You Give a Mom a Muffin that runs along the same lines. And it is me to a tee. Speaking of tee, I am thirsty…I should go to the kitchen to get some tea. Oooh, I think I have a frozen lunch in the kitchen freezer. My handy little $2 lunch. Hey, I spent $2 on a deodorant at drugstore.com. It’s my first drugstore.com order, where I also just bought my first natural hair coloring product. I can’t wait to try it. I wonder if it will cover the gray well enough. Haha, at least there’s no gray in accounting. Darn! I need to finish my accounting assignment. I wonder if I’ll get that done before my deadline. What is my deadline, anyway? Speaking of accounting and deadlines, our auditors are here this week. Very nice people, indeed. I tried to buy them Starbucks this morning but they declined. I wish I still had my coffee right now. I’m sure thirsty. Oh, hey, wasn’t I going to get some tea? I think there’s a frozen lunch in the kitchen too…

Yeah, I know what you’re thinking…SQUIRREL!!!!

See, I tend to get a little bit sidetracked. Which is really scary, because I also have a one-track mind, so this basically means that I’m following one track, but I’m just to the left of it most of the time. All this ingredient knowledge and product fascination has me just a tad scatterbrained. I can have a great idea one minute, and be chewing my fingernail the next, wondering where that great thought went, whatever it was. And then I move on to something else that I will eventually screw up. I moved a pile of paper on my desk at work today and uncovered some checks that needed to be deposited and a fax for my boss – received last week. Oops…

I used to pride myself on my multi-tasking abilities. My middle-school teachers used to tell me their To-Do lists because they knew I would remind them on time of what they needed to remember. Admittedly, my mind has not been the same since children came along, but I did have a couple of years of clarity before I recently drifted off the deep end. Maybe my mind is detoxing now that it is not exposed to as many harmful chemicals, and the details of my daily life are just getting thrown out with the bathwater, so to speak.

At any rate, I wish I could finish a complete thought without writing or typing. Granted, my writing is my outlet now, but I can’t do it all day long. I mean, really. I practically have my phone reminding me to breathe.

Breathing – I need to find a Yoga class. That could only help. “Exercise gives you endorphins. Endorphins make you happy. Happy people don’t shoot their husbands. They just don’t…” I love Reese Witherspoon. I wonder if I could get that movie on demand? Which reminds me…I still need to hook up the DVR to the Internet. Oh yeah, I need to re-work my home network. Wish I had a computer in the kitchen so I could google my recipes right there where I need them. I can’t remember what we’re supposed to have for dinner tonight…

SQUIRREL!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment