Monday, July 26, 2010

Day 42: Pre-Made Dinners and Unrelated Confessions

My friend Jessica let me borrow three awesome cookbooks by Holly Clegg. One of them was her Freezer Friendly Meals, which I liked so much I bought my own copy. There is another of her cookbooks I have discovered and must have: Too Hot in the Kitchen.  Check them out.  What I love about Holly's cookbooks is that they contain all health-conscious recipes complete with nutritional information for each serving. 

I think there’s a lot to be said for the freezer friendly meals. I mean, you still get to control the ingredients that go into them, and then cooking dinner on a busy weeknight does not have to involve not an hour long process of chopping onions and blending sauces. It’s a win-win situation.

Even though today is Monday, and I didn’t get to do this during the weekend, I think it is a fabulous idea to cook on the weekend for the next two week’s meals. Since I plan a month’s worth of menus ahead of time anyway, I will now put some effort into not only planning the menu, but preparing as much of it as I can. I rather like the idea of cooking all day in a liesurely pace, knowing I'm saving myself time in the long run.  This also makes it easy for the hubster to come home first and throw a dish into the oven. Then, voila, we’ve BOTH worked at preparing dinner.

Oh, and speaking of the hubster… honey, if you’re reading this…I forgot to turn the sprinkler off in the backyard last night before we went to bed. Oops…

1 comment:

  1. Yay! Cooking freezer meals is a lot of fun and makes evenings so much more convenient!

    ReplyDelete