Friday, July 23, 2010

Day 39: Wassup, MK?

As I sit here at the keyboard, updating my son’s iPod and wondering what today’s topic will be, so many issues are swimming though my head. I think today’s mission, however, will be to finally send the letter to Mary Kay Cosmetics. I have a draft already, but it’s pretty harsh and finger-pointing, and I come out sounding all Psycho-Crunchy-Girl in it, so imagine the proverbial rip from the typewriter, wadding of the paper, and tossing across the room. Twice.

Ultimately, I am curious to know if they have received requests for safer cosmetics, and if they have any plans in the future to vamoose the parabens, petrochemicals and phthalates, along with the certified artificial colors, formaldehyde, and butyl- preservatives. Yeah, they’re all in there. Scary. I've stopped using all but one eyeshadow color, yet I still have about $300 of product in a box in my dining room. So, while I need to relinquish the unopened stock I have, if they have any plans to address this in the future, then I might not want to cash in my consultant card and related 50% discount, ya know what I mean? So I gotta know. Are they gonna change or what?

I’m sending my letter today, come hell or high water. I’ll let you know how it goes.

2 comments:

  1. I've long suspected there were evil chemicals in MK...but nothing keeps me looking Dorian Gray-young like that stuff! What are we going to do without our MK??? Help!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We shall prevail, Mer, I promise!! I've been hashing out that same feeling for 40 days now. I will keep you posted on suitable replacements as I find them. :)

    ReplyDelete